The development of sustainable buildings is a fundamental part of British Land’s approach and we will draw on our experience and the skills of our development team to design and build an energy-efficient scheme that will perform well throughout its lifetime.
Our recent achievements in this area include:
- exceeding our three-year energy target, achieving a 27% reduction across our entire like-for-like portfolio
- a 24,500 tonne reduction in carbon emissions from our buildings in the past three years
- reduction of embodied carbon in our developments through careful design and choice of materials
- diversion of an estimated 226,100 tonnes of waste from landfill through recycling and re-use
- incorporating environmental and community requirements in our tendering process
- specification and selection of sustainable building materials for our new developments.
To download our Sustainability Brief for Developments, please visit: